WCC Kick Off at the Syracuse Inner Harbor, Creekwalk, and Downtown Museums
Sunday, September 24, 2017, 1 – 6pm
Open to the public and conference attendees. Come one and all to enjoy a day of fun, learning, entertainment, and merriment on the water.
- Tour replica 1862 canal schooner Lois McClure and see the Lake Champlain Maritime Museum’s display of long boats.
- Watch live hot glass shows aboard the Corning Museum of Glass GlassBarge.
- Get on the water! Paddle at the Inner Harbor or take a boat tour of Onondaga Lake. Boat tours leave from the Honeywell Visitors Center.
- Cycle to the Inner Harbor. Join Tour the Towpath as it completes its two-day tour from Rome to Syracuse. Meet in DeWitt for a unique ride through Syracuse to the Inner Harbor. Meet-up time TBA.
- Enjoy music, entertainment, Taste NY specialty foods, food trucks, and exhibits throughout the day.
- Sample local brews- Delegate Craft Brew Tasting, Location & Time TBA
- Engage with students of the State University of New York School of Environmental Science and Forestry who will display work on the theme of “waterways as agents of transformation.”
- “Doors Open” at Museums & Galleries, Downtown Syracuse, 1-5 pm, Experience dynamic cultural institutions, including the Erie Canal Museum, Everson Museum of Art, and Onondaga Historical Association.
- Water Way Youth Video Exhibition, Everson Museum of Art, Outdoor Exhibition Venue, 8 pm- Enjoy a screening of 1-3 minute short films focusing on canal life and culture through the eyes, experience and imagination of young people from Scotland, Belgium, Italy and New York State. Projections will be shown each night from September 24-28.
Free shuttles will be available to conference attendees, with stops at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown, along the Creek Walk, the Honeywell Visitor’s Center on the lake, and Syracuse Inner Harbor.
Additional details and events to come as we get closer to September.